LienItNow Preliminary Notice of Lien
Complete your Preliminary Notice of Lien Quickly and Easily with LienitNow:
A Preliminary Notice of Lien is something that is sent to the owner and/or prime contractor to inform them that you are performing work on the project. In many cases, if you are a subcontractor, supplier, or sub-subcontractor, the owner may not know you are providing work or materials. A preliminary notice tells the owner who you are and what you are doing on their construction proeject. By sending a Preliminary Notice, you help to ensure your construction lien rights are protected.
To complete a Preliminary Notice of Lien though LienItNow, just answer a few questions, like:
- When did you start delivering materials or services?
- What kind of work or materials are you providing?
- What's your contact information if the owner needs to talk to you?
Next Step: Get started
Preliminary Notices protect your right to file a mechanics lien. Why should you complete a LienItNow Preliminary Notice of Lien?
* Preliminary Notices announce that you're on the job and working.
* To Provide your contact information so you can be contacted with any questions or opportunities.
* Get your name out there, and get more work!
* In many states, the Preliminary Notice of Lien is statutory. That means it is required, and if you don't send one, you're violating the law.
Need more information?
In many States, preliminary notices of lien are required to be served prior to the filing of a mechanics lien. Find out more information on your State's preliminary notice requirements by visiting our FAQ section.