Alaska – Who has lien rights?

You have the right to file a mechanic’s lien in Alaska if you belong to one of these categories: a general contractor , a union trust and trustees, materialmen who furnished materials directly installed on the site, equipment supplier who supplied equipment to the site, an architect, a surveyor, an engineer, or a company or individual who performed labor for the improvement of real property. 

Be aware that a materialman or subcontractor must have contracted with a subcontractor or higher (not a sub-sub) in order to have the right to place an Alaskan mechanic’s lien.